APC Smart-UPS SC is ideal for small and medium businesses looking to protect networking equipment and point-of-sale (POS) devices from power disturbances and outages. The Smart-UPS SC features network grade protection, hot swap batteries, and built-in data line protection for worry free uninterruptible power protection for increased availability. Built on the same standards as the award-winning Smart-UPS, Smart-UPS SC provides the basic features and manageability needed to protect entry-level applications
Includes: CD with software, Smart UPS signalling RS-232 cable, User manual
Battery-protected and surge-only outlets
Reserves power capacity and run time for connected equipment that require UPS battery back-up while providing surge only protection for less critical equipment
Key Features SC420I
– Run time for load Min-max: 26-260 W 260 W 5m 27s
– Max. Capacity Used : 100%
– Output power capacity : 260 Watts / 420VA
– Output Connections : (2) IEC Jumpers (Battery Backup), (1) IEC 320 C13 (Surge Protection), (3) IEC 320 C13 (Battery Backup)
– Nominal Output Voltage : 230V
– Nominal Input Voltage : 230V
– Input Connections : IEC 320 C14
Smart-UPS Features & Benefits
Adjustable voltage-transfer points
-Maximizes useful battery life by widening the input voltage window or tightening the output voltage regulation.
Adjustable voltage sensitivity
-Provides the ability to adapt the UPS for optimal performance in specific power environments or generator applications.
Battery failure notification
-Provides early-warning fault analysis on batteries enabling timely preventive maintenance
Predictive failure notification.
-Provides early-warning fault analysis ensuring proactive component replacement.
-Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment while batteries are being replaced
-Increases availability by allowing a trained user to perform upgrades and replacements of the batteries reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
Resettable circuit breakers
-Enables a quick recovery from overload events.
-Ensures the product has been tested and approved to work safely with the connected service provider equipment and within the specified environment.
Save time with easy and convenient remote accessibility
-Network manageable via serial, USB or optional ethernet. Includes Powerchute® Business Edition Software for convenient monitoring and control, safe operating system shutdown and innovative energy management capabilities.
Peace of mind that comes with full equipment compatibility and reliability of a leader
-Provides pure sine wave output which is recommended by server manufacturers using active power factor corrected (PFC) power supplies. Safety agency tested and approved means that you can deploy Smart-UPS with confidence that they meet or exceed the industry’s most rigorous standards.
Low operating and maintenance costs with high efficiency, proven reliability and intelligent battery management
-Patented green operating mode achieves efficiencies over 97%. Smart-ups was the first network UPS to be Energy Star certified. Intelligent battery management, pioneered by APC, maximizes battery performance and life through intelligent, precision temperature compensated charging. Dynamic battery replacement date indicator and automatic self tests insure battery reliability and warn in advance of needing replacement. Convenient, easy to connect, hot-swappable battery modules provide battery replacement without powering down. Designed and manufactured by APC for over 23 years, Smart-UPS is the world’s most trusted network UPS with over 25 million units sold.
Smarter productivity with ability to tailor to your specific application needs
-Intuitive LCD interface provides clear information with the ability to configure the UPS locally with easy to use navigation keys. Over 15 different programmable settings including switched outlet group control allow for application specific settings, thresholds and notifications.
Avoids costly power problems by keeping your IT equipment and data safe and available
-Network grade power conditioning protects from damaging surges and disruptive noise. Solid state automatic voltage regulation boosts low input voltage up to 30% and trims high voltage up to 12% without battery operation. Reliable battery back-up capacity to power through outages or gracefully shutdown systems
-Provides notification of changing utility power and UPS conditions.
-Most models provide remote power management options of the UPS over the network. Many do not have NMC embedded.
LED status indicators
-Quickly understand unit and power status with visual indicators.
-Provides management of the UPS via a USB port (not available on all models).
-Provides management of the UPS via a serial port.
Temperature-compensated battery charging
-Prolongs battery life by regulating the charge voltage according to battery temperature.
Intelligent battery management
-Maximizes battery performance, life, and reliability through intelligent, precision charging.
Disconnected battery notification
-Warns when a battery is not available to provide backup power.
-Protects connected loads from surges, spikes, lightning, and other power disturbances.
Automatic restart of loads after UPS shutdown
-Automatically starts up the connected equipment upon the return of utility power.
Boost and Trim Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)
-Gives higher application availability by correcting low and high voltage conditions without using the battery (not available on all models).
-Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
– Max Configurable Power (Watts) : 260 Watts / 420VA
– Output Voltage Distortion : Less than 5 % at full load
– Output Frequency (sync to mains) : 47 – 53 Hz For 50 Hz nominal Sync to mains, 57 – 63 Hz For 60 Hz nominal Sync to mains
– Topology : Line interactive
– Waveform type : Stepped approximation to a sinewave
– Transfer Time : 6 ms typical : 10 ms maximum
– Input frequency : 50/60 Hz +/- 3 Hz Auto-sensing
– Input voltage range for main operations : 195 – 265V
Batteries & Runtime
– Battery type : Lead-acid battery
– Typical recharge time : 3hour(s)
– Nominal Battery Voltage : 12 V
– Replacement Battery : RBC2
– Expected Battery Life (years) : 3 – 5
– RBC Quantity : 1
– Battery Charge Power (Watts) : 28 Watts
– Runtime : View Runtime Graph
Communications & Management
– Interface Port(s) : DB-9 RS-232
– Control panel : LED status display with on line : on battery : replace battery and overload indicators
– Audible Alarm : Alarm when on battery : distinctive low battery alarm : overload continuous tone alarm
Surge Protection and Filtering
– Surge energy rating : 320Joules
– Data Line Protection : RJ45 modem/fax/DSL/10-100 base-T protection
– Filtering : Full time multi-pole noise filtering : 0.7% IEEE surge let-through : zero clamping response time : meets UL 1449
– Maximum Height : 168MM, 16.8CM
– Maximum Width : 119MM, 11.9CM
– Maximum Depth : 368MM, 36.8CM
– Net Weight : 9.09KG
– Shipping weight : 10.23KG
– Shipping Height : 318MM, 31.8CM
– Shipping Width : 262MM, 26.2CM
– Shipping Depth : 508MM, 50.8CM
– Color : Grey
– Units per Pallet : 12.0
– Operating Temperature : 0 – 40 °C
– Operating Relative Humidity : 0 – 95 %
– Operating Elevation : 0 – 3048meters
– Storage Temperature : -15 – 45 °C
– Storage Relative Humidity : 0 – 95 %
– Storage Elevation : 0 – 15240meters
– Audible noise at 1 meter from surface of unit : 45.0dBA
– Online thermal dissipation : 50.0BTU/hr
– Approvals : CE, EAC, GOST, NOM, VCCI, VDE
– Standard warranty : 2 years repair or replace
Sustainable Offer Status
– RoHS : Compliant
– PEP : Available in Documentation tab
– EOLI : Available in Documentation tab