HPE StoreEasy 3850 Gateway Storage
The HPE StoreEasy 3850 Gateway Storage is an optimized, efficient, secure, and highly available file services gateway to address the file storage challenges of customers’ medium to large organizations and their SAN environments. HPE StoreEasy 3850 Gateway Storage, built on industry leading HPE ProLiant DNA and Microsoft Windows Storage Server, integrates easily into new and existing SAN environments with a straightforward, consistent management experience for IT generalists or storage administrators.
Using the HPE StoreEasy 3850 Gateway, organizations can leverage unused block capacity for file serving and maximize their SAN investment.
HPE StoreEasy 3850 Gateway System
The HPE StoreEasy 3850 Gateway System sets the standard for performance and expandability in gateway services for your array or Fibre Channel SAN. The StoreEasy 3850 Gateway system consists of the StoreEasy 3850 Gateway 2U chassis and one or two StoreEasy 3850 Gateway Single Nodes. A StoreEasy 3850 Gateway System with two nodes provides high availability by clustering the nodes together. Up to four StoreEasy 3850 Gateway Systems can be configured together as an 8 node cluster.
Optimized: Built for enterprise-class file serving
The HPE StoreEasy 3850 Gateway comes with pre-configured hardware and either Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2016 or 2012 R2. Get your file gateway out of the
box and online fast with tools that simplify installation and curb common configuration errors.
HPE StoreEasy Dashboard consolidates all key status information such as capacity utilization, performance, and health in a single interface, reducing the need to
navigate multiple tools and interfaces for system management. Low capacity warning email alerts help minimize disruption.
Efficient: Saves you money and time
The HPE StoreEasy 3850 Gateway supports large numbers of users and connected devices thanks to a high-performance file serving controller. Utilize a broad range of
file access protocols, including iSCSI block access and Microsoft Hyper-V and SQL Server application storage over SMB.
Achieve an average of 50-60 percent space savings with granular data deduplication. In Windows Storage Server 2016-based StoreEasy 3850 Gateways, an enhanced
deduplication engine supports large files, up to 1 TB, and file systems up to 64 TB.
Built-in file sync and share enables employees, mobile workers and distributed teams to access their work files from any Internet-connected desktop, smartphone, or tablet. Organizations can apply policies to wipe devices remotely and enforce lock screen passwords to protect data on employee devices.
Use advanced data management to automatically improve use of resources, comply with data retention policies, and enhance protection of sensitive files. Reduce your branch office WAN usage with Hosted BranchCache, which automatically caches frequently accessed corporate data center files locally.
Secure: Protect your data always
The HPE StoreEasy Storage protects data while at rest with file system encryption, and while it is being transferred with SMB encryption and signing.
File Classification Infrastructure can dynamically identify files based on sensitivity and implement sophisticated access controls based on your organization’s
requirements using Active Directory Rights Management Services.
Install and run endpoint protection, such as an antivirus, on the system itself—reducing the cost and complexity of connecting to an external endpoint protection server. Prevent against data loss with Volume Shadow Copy Service online snapshots and support for agent-based backup software.
Opt to back up your file data to Microsoft Azure using your Azure subscription to protect against disasters and catastrophic failures. Also, optionally enable simplified and cost efficient compliance archiving with iTernity Compliant Archive Solution (iCAS), validated to meet the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) 17a-4(f) requirements.
Highly Available: Prevent business and user disruption
The HPE StoreEasy 3850 Gateway increases uptime with standard features as near continuous health monitoring with HPE Active Health System, mirrored operating system solid-state drives (SSDs), and advanced memory protection.
Confidently deploy large file systems with file system online self-healing that reduces the need to take systems offline. With online verification and precise, rapid repair that reduces downtime from file corruption from days or hours to minutes.
Take advantage of Double-Take Availability software by Carbonite for critical data protection with real-time byte-level replication. In the event of a failure, recover the data—with minimal loss—from the replicated data repository. Software installation files included with free 14-day evaluation license.
Get support from file storage experts with 3-Year Parts, 3-Year Labor, and 3-Year Onsite support with next business day response. All StoreEasy products also include
one year of 9×5 software telephone support for the Windows Storage Server operating system(s).
Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2016 or 2012 R2, Standard Edition (depends model) with HPE enhanced value and unique features.
– HPE-enhanced Initial Configuration Tasks Wizard: StoreEasy installation network configuration wizards simplify installation and prevent network
configuration errors for faster deployment.
– HPE StoreEasy Dashboard consolidates all key status information such capacity utilization, performance, and health in a single interface, reducing need to navigate multiple tools and interfaces for system monitoring. Low capacity warning email alerts now available to minimize disruption.
– HPE StoreEasy Tools menu within Windows Server manager consolidates most commonly accessed tools and tasks that an administrator use day management of StoreEasy. The StoreEasy Tools menu provides management of storage pools, snapshots, emails and alerts, enclosure and firmware updates. It also includes access to the Deduplication Evaluation tool, storage viewer and the initial configuration task wizard.
– Windows Storage Server 2016 includes a set of new and enhanced features, addition to all of the existing WSS2012 R2 features around advanced security
and data services. StoreEasy 3850 system based on WSS 2016 has an
improved deduplication engine that supports files up to 1TB and file systems to 64TB. Additionally, new security and encryption technologies provide protection against man-in-the-middle attacks.
– Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 (WSS2012 R2) includes a robust range serving and storage capabilities. It addresses heterogeneous environments it enables more efficient storage utilization. WSS2012 R2 delivers a level performance and reliability comparable to more expensive storage solutions. offers support for both file (SMB/CIFS and NFS) and block (iSCSI) protocols, allowing for a flexible mix of configurations supported by advanced data management tools.
– WSS2016 or WSS2012 R2 leverages your Windows Server management sets and tools including Active Directory, PowerShell and System Center.
– Extensive file access protocols support: SMB (2.0, 2.1, 3.0, 3.02 and 3.1.1), (v2, v3, v4.1), WebDAV, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP/FTPS, ISCSI. NOTE: SMB protocol only supported in WSS2016.
— SMB 3.X.X protocol: Leverage high performance continually available shares to deliver feature-rich storage for business-critical applications and virtual servers using advanced new functionality.
— SMB 3.1.1 protocol: Enhances security between SMB clients and
StoreEasy. When both a client and StoreEasy connect over SMB SMB signing and encryption protects against an attacker tampering or eavesdropping on any network packets. SMB 3.1.1 with AES-GCM, the latest fixed cryptographic algorithm, showed a 2x
performance improvement compared with SMB 3.0 using AES-CCM in certain scenarios such as copying large files over an encrypted
— SMB 3.X.X Multi-channel: Enable aggregation of network bandwidth network fault tolerance when multiple paths are available between clients and file servers.
— SMB 3.1.1. Multichannel and Multi-NIC Cluster Networks: Allows the of multiple NICs on the same cluster network subnet and automatically enables SMB Multichannel. This allows customers to maximize throughput of SMB 3.1.1 network traffic.
— NFS v4.1: Server for NFS has been updated to support continuous availability. These improvements make it possible to reliably run VMware ESX on a virtual machine that is running Windows by using the NFS v4.1 protocol to share files. Additional improvements in failover clustering take advantage of better resilience to hardware
and software outages that may afflict individual cluster nodes. same time, failover clustering isolates VMware ESX hypervisor from intermittent glitches during failovers.
– iSCSI: Some applications require block storage. iSCSI Target Server can these applications with continuously available block storage. Since the is remotely accessible it can also consolidate block storage for central branch office locations. By using boot-capable NICs or a software loader, can deploy hundreds of diskless servers. This is ideal for large deployments identical operating system images, such as a Hyper-V server farm or Performance Computing (HPC) clusters.
– File Server Resource Manager (FSRM): File Server Resource Manager of features within the WSS2012 R2 and WSS2016 OS versions that allows to manage and classify data that is stored on file servers. File Server Resource Manager includes the following features:
— Storage Quotas: Quotas allow you to limit the space that is allowed volume or folder, and they can be automatically applied to new that are created on a volume. You can also define quota templates can be applied to new volumes or folders.
— File screening: File screens help you control the types of files that can store on a file server. You can limit the extension that can on your shared files. For example, you can create a file screen does not allow files with an MP3 extension to be stored in personal shared folders on a file server.
— File Classification Infrastructure: File Classification Infrastructure insight into your data by automating classification processes so can manage your data more effectively. You can classify files and policies based on this classification. Example policies include access control for restricting access to files, file encryption, and expiration. Files can be classified automatically by using file classification rules or manually by modifying the properties of a file or folder.
— File Management Tasks: File Management Tasks enables you to conditional policy or action to files based on their classification. conditions of a file management task include the file location, the classification properties, the date the file was created, the last date of the file, or the last time the file was accessed. The actions file management task can take include the ability to expire files, files, or run a custom command.
— Storage reports: Storage reports are used to help you identify trends disk usage and how your data is classified. You can also monitor selected group of users for attempts to save unauthorized.
– Storage Quality of Service (QOS) within WSS 2016: WSS 2016 provides to centrally monitor and manage storage performance for virtual machines Hyper-V and the Scale-Out File Server roles.
– Data Deduplication:
— Data deduplication enables Windows Storage Server 2016 and Windows
Storage Server 2012 R2 to store more data in less physical space greater storage efficiency. Data deduplication uses variable size chunking and compression, which deliver optimization ratios of general file servers and up to 20:1 for virtualization data. Evaluate deduplication savings with the included deduplication evaluation which allows you to determine the expected savings that you would if deduplication is enabled on a particular volume. The Deduplication evaluation tool supports local drives and mapped or unmapped shares.
– Data deduplication within Windows Storage Server 2016 has specific
improvements for deduping large volumes and large files – up to 64 TB 1TB respectively. In WSS 2012 R2, it was recommended to run deduplication on volumes under 10TB in size. WSS 2016’s deduplication engine will multiple threads in parallel using multiple I/0 queues on a single volume thereby improve the performance for deduping large volumes.
– Work Folders: With Work Folders users can store and access work files personal computers and devices, often referred to as bring-your-own device
(BYOD), in addition to corporate PCs. Users gain a convenient location work files, and they can access them from anywhere. Organizations maintain
control over corporate data by storing the files on centrally managed file and optionally specifying user device policies such as encryption and lock-passwords. Work Folders can be deployed with existing deployments of Redirection, Offline Files, and home folders. Work Folders stores user files folder on the server called a sync share. You can specify a folder that already contains user data, which enables you to adopt Work Folders without migrating servers and data or immediately phasing out your existing solution. Work Folders is supported on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Apple iOS and Android devices. New for Windows Storage Server 2016 of Work Folders, when a Windows 10 client makes any changes to a file changes are immediately synched to Work Folders and the client notified.
– Hosted BranchCache: Using client/server architecture, Windows 7/8 client
computers can cache content on the local network via the Hosted Cache on the StoreEasy 3850 Gateway Storage. Other clients who need the same content retrieve it directly from the Hosted Cache.
– Volume Shadow Copy Service: Creates point-in-time copies (snapshots) and folders at predetermined time intervals that can then be accessed from computers.
– VSS for Remote SMB File Shares: Leverage proven Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) to offload snapshot and backup operations to remote storage VSS hardware providers within Hyper-V virtual machines.
– DFS Namespace: Enables you to group shared folders that are located different servers into one or more logically structured namespaces. Each namespace appears to users as a single shared folder with a series of subfolders. However, the underlying structure of the namespace can consist numerous file shares that are located on different servers and in multiple.
– Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R): Enables you to efficiently replicate folders (including those referred to by a DFS namespace path) across multiple
servers and sites. DFS Replication uses a compression algorithm known remote differential compression (RDC). RDC detects changes to the data file, and it enables DFS Replication to replicate only the changed file blocks instead of the entire file.
– New VHDX Standard: Deploy larger capacity virtual storage that can grow terabytes, is more resilient against corruption, and provides more efficient of new 4 KB sector hard disks with the new VHDX virtual storage standard.
– Live Storage Migration: Maintain maximized service-level availability even moving virtual machine storage between host servers independent of the virtual machine.
Protect your critical HPE StoreEasy data with Double-Take Availability’s real-time bytelevel replication. In the event of a failure, recover the data—with a minimum of
loss—from the replicated data repository.
iCAS software by iTernity
Get open, flexible, and expandable long-term archiving with iTernity Compliant Archive Solution (iCAS). Together, HPE StoreEasy and iCAS are your key to legally compliant data archiving.
Host Bus Adapter (HBA) Support
HPE StoreEasy 3850 Gateway Storage products are designed to be connected to a SAN or storage array by adding a recommended Fibre Channel or by using an iSCSI initiator.
HBA selection is left as your choice based on existing infrastructure and/or desired array support. Please see compatible HBAs listed in the ‘Options’ section below.
Kata Kunci Terkait:
HPE StoreEasy 3850 Gateway Storage, jual HPE StoreEasy 3850, harga HPE StoreEasy 3850, spesifikasi HPE StoreEasy 3850, beli HPE StoreEasy 3850